What Can Hobart Handler 140 be Used For?
Hobart Handler 140 is versatile welder. It is perfect to work on auto body panels, repair exhaust systems, do household repairs and great for DIY (Do It Yourself) welding projects. With Hobart Handler 140 you can repair farming equipment like mower decks, lawn and garden equipment and even do heavier projects that require extra welding power. You can repair your trailer frames and hitches, make bow or gun stands, make tool carts, do some art projects like make metal sculptures and more.
Hobart Handler 140 performance
Hobart Handler 140 is great versatile welder with industrial performance for affordable price. It can be used for MIG [GMAW] and Flux Cored [FCAW] (with no shielding gas) welding processes. Hobart Handler 140 can weld 24 gauge up to 1/4 inch thick steel. It operates from 115 volt household current, but you need to be sure you have 20 amp circuit. It has 25 to 140 output amperage rang and duty cycle is 20% at 90 amps, which is enough for almost any DIY projects. Hobart Handler 140 has industrial cast aluminum drive system.
Hobart Handler 140 portability and easy to use
Hobart Handler 140 is portable welder. It is easy to transport and you can weld wherever and whenever you need. Handler 140 have small dimensions: height is 12-3/8 inches (315 mm), width is 10-5/8 inches (270 mm) and depth is 19-1/2 in (495 mm). It is a little bit heavy, because weight is 57 lb (26 kg) and you may need some welding cart.
It is easy to set up and use. You need just a few minutes for set up and you are ready to weld. Low skill level is required to operate this machine and it is easy to use, even for the first time welder, but you need to be sure about safety. A five position tapped voltage control selector gives you the ability to fine tune your arc offering a smooth and stable arc on all thicknesses. Wire feed can be easy and correctly adjustable. A weld set up guide with set up charts is included on the inside of the cover to set your Hobart welder properly. Welding wire thickness charts, manuals and more information you can see on manufacturers website.
Hobart Handler 140 review from Youtube:
Manufacturer and warranty
Hobart make durable tools with good quality. Hobart Handler 140 is manufacturers most popular wire feed welder. You can read good reviews about Hobart Handler 140 great value all around the internet. The Handler 140 offers excellent arc performance and is backed by the Hobart 5/3/1 industrial warranty. Each Hobart unit is designed and manufactured in Troy, OH USA. Hobart is owned by Illinois Tool Works. It is the same company that owns Miller Electric that also makes great quality welders.
What is included in the box:
- Handler 140 with built in gas valve,
- 10 foot (3 m) work cable & clamp,
- 10 foot (3 m) MIG gun with liner, dual gauge regulator and gas hose,
- 10 foot (3 m) power cord,
- Sample spool of .030 inch (0.8 mm) self shielded flux cored welding wire,
- Extra .030 contact tips,
- 8 inch spool adapter,
- Owners manual and set up guide.
Handler 140 MIG Wire Welder Features:
- Welds 24 gauge up to 1/4 inch mild steel,
- 25 to 140 output amperage,
- Duty cycle – 20% at 90 amps,
- Operates with 115 volt single phase, 20 amp household current,
- 5 position tapped voltage control settings,
- Industrial cast aluminum wire drive system,
- Dual groove, quick change drive roll,
- Durable feed head with quick release drive roll lever,
- 200 amp heavy duty work clamp,
- Weighs 57 lbs,
- Manufacturers limited warranty,
- Designed and assembled in Troy, OHIO USA.
Hobart Handler 140 Accessories
If you want, you can get additional accessories like small cart, replacement MIG gun, protective cover and extra consumables.
- It can be used for 2 processes: MIG [GMAW] and Flux Cored [FCAW] welding processes,
- Operates with 115 volt, 20 amp household current,
- It is easy to set up and use,
- Low skill level is required to operate this machine,
- Guide with set up charts is included on the inside of the cover,
- Really handy MIG gun,
- Very good and correctly adjustable wire feed system,
- 5 position tapped voltage control selector with ability to fine tune arc offering a smooth and stable arc on all thicknesses,
- It is quality build with durable materials,
- Manufacturers warranty.
- Ground clamp can be better (but you can change it),
- Wires can be longer (but but they are not the shortest),
- It is a little bit heavy (you might need additional welding cart).
Hobart Handler 140 is great welder for affordable price, you can’t go wrong with it, because is hard to find better welder for this price.